Current Position (since March 2021)
Lecturer of Digital Innovation and Entrepreneurship, The Business School, Edinburgh Napier University
Senior Research Associate, Urban Innovation Policy (Unity) Lab, Edinburgh Napier University
- PhD in Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Strategy (no corrections), Northumbria University (2015-2019)
- MSc in Business and Economics (summa cum laude), Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (2010-2012)
- BSc in Management (summa cum laude), Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milano (2007-2010)
- Lecturer of Digital Entrepreneurship, Northumbria University (June 2018 – March 2021)
- Associate Lecturer, Northumbria University (January 2017 – June 2018)
- Economic advisor to an Executive Member of the Board, Autorità Garante nelle Comunicazioni (June 2014 – September 2015)
- Regulatory analyst, Fastweb (June 2013- June 2014)
Fellowships and Memberships
- Member and social media manager of the International Telecommunications Society
- Member of the Regional Studies Association (RSA)
- Member of the Internet Society
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Research and consultancy projects
- Mapping inequalities in smart places, British Academy and Accademia dei Lincei, Principal investigator, Overall value: £4,985.96.
- Smart City Governance: A Global Investigation, United Nations (UN-Habitat) and CAF (Development Bank of Latin America), Co-Investigator, Overall value: $15,000.
- Unlocking the local embeddedness of rural social enterprise in Volyn region of Ukraine, House of Europe, Co-investigator, Overall value: €4,847.50.
- Lifetime: Addressing gendered issues in digital wellbeing and work-life management, ESRC Accelerating Business Collaboration, Co-investigator, Overall value: £6,498.
- Supporting rural communities through ICT: Healthcare, the environment and agriculture, TELUS Communications Inc. (Canada), Co-investigator, Overall value: £9,000.
Grants and awards
- EEUK Richard Beresford Bursary, Fully-funded training on prototyping for digital experiences, Total award: £200
- Pacific Telecommunications Council Young Scholar Programme, travel grant and bursary, Total award: $2,500
- International Telecommunications Society PhD Seminar, Travel grant and conference fee waiver, Total award: €650
- Northumbria University PhD Scholarship, Total award: £43,000
- Digital Innovation in SMEs, Bandung Institute of Technology, (10th August 2021)
- The regulation of electronic communications, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (23rd October 2018)
- The state of rural broadband in Europe, Agriconnect, Perugia (30th November 2017)
Reviewer for Telecommunications Policy, IEEE Technology & Engineering Management Society, Digital Policy, Regulation and Governance